Skip to content ↓
Enfield Learning Trust



Before admitting your child, you will be shown around the school and meet the Headteacher. If your child has been a pupil at Carterhatch Infant School, records will have been passed on about learning and attitude. If your child attended a different school, this school will be contacted, any relevant information exchanged and records passed to us on admission. We would hope to admit a child as soon as possible after your request for a place, but preparation time is needed both for you and the staff concerned.

Our admission limit for a class is 30 pupils and any over that number will be placed on an Admissions List. Appeals may be made if your child is refused a place and this should be done through Enfield Council at the Civic Centre (telephone number: 020 8379 5501).

Admissions Policy

Transfer to Secondary School

This occurs at the end of Year 6 in the Junior School when your child has reached eleven years of age. A full information booklet is sent to parents of Year 6 pupils during the autumn term, together with a form, which has to be completed and returned to the school.

A meeting is also held during this term to give parents the opportunity to voice their concerns and clarify any issues relating to secondary transfer.

Most secondary schools arrange visiting sessions during the summer term for pupils about to attend their schools. Also, most heads of Year 7 visit the school to meet their prospective pupils and receive information from our staff. The School works closely with local secondary schools in order to ensure that pupils feel confident and optimistic about this important change in their lives.

Secondary Transfer 2018
Not offered your highest preference?

Please click here for information if your child has not been offered a place at their highest preference school. You will also be able to view a breakdown of secondary transfer information.

This information can also be viewed on the Enfield council website by clicking here. This link also includes the ST2 Form form which  can download should you wish to apply for an alternative school.

In-school admissions

If you move into Enfield and require a school place for your child, you need to complete the 'in-year' application process. Please follow the link below for more details.

How to make an in-year application