Carterhatch Junior School is situated about two hundred metres to the east of the Great Cambridge Road on Carterhatch Lane, Enfield.
The school was opened in 1949 and together with the Infant School shares the 4.5 acre site.
The buildings are single storey blocks which are interconnected, joining at right angles to a long main corridor. Most of the teaching rooms have southern aspects with french doors opening out onto an area of garden.
In the planning and construction of this school, an attempt was made to bring fresh air, sunlight, warmth and colour into the building.
The school is a three-form entry with classes organised in year groups. Each class contains 30 pupils to one Class Teacher.
Every year group receives support from Teaching Assistants.